Saturday, April 25, 2015

Event Poster

For this project, I created an event poster of any event of my choosing. The event that I choose was the Plaza Lighting Ceremony in Kansas City, MO. The lighting ceremony happens every year on Thanksgiving night and continues through the holiday season. Every Kansas City native has been to the ceremony at least once in there lives, and even the local TV stations televise the event. Being a Kansas City native myself, I decided to do this event for my poster.

On the poster I focused on the towers and the inspired Spanish architecture of the buildings within the Plaza, along with the color strand lights that are used on the towers. The overall design of the poster is inspired by art deco poster designs.

Lastly, this is not the real poster that is going to be used this year, but this is just a project I did in class, and the times and ending date might be incorrect.

Thumbnails

Final Drawing before Digital Painting

Plaza Lights Event Poster
Photoshop & Illustrator
April 2015



No comments:

Post a Comment